Are you a Secure Code Warrior?
This workshop will offer attendees a hands-on, gamified training environment where they compete against each other to become the ultimate ‘Secure Code Warrior’. Participants can first select from various software languages to compete in a tournament, including Java EE, Java Spring, C# MVC, C# WebForms, Ruby on Rails, Python Django and Node.Js. Attendees are then presented with three kinds of vulnerable code challenges: identify the problem, locate the insecure code, and fix the vulnerability. Gamification elements such as published leaderboards and configurable point systems helps to make the exercise a fun, engaging and interactive experience.
- Learn how to code securely and not introduce security issues in code.
- Learn how to identify vulnerabilities in code.
- Learn how to fix existing vulnerability in code.
- Learn about the most common mistakes developers make in code, including the OWASP top 10
- Understand that there are different ways of coding securely, but that some solutions are actually better than others.
The workshop will be accomplished within a time period of 2 hours. In order for the attendees to participate, they only need an internet connected computer, no additional hardware or software installation is required.