Keynote: DevOps, security, and compliance: Working in unison
High-performing organizations deploy code 30x more often with 50% fewer failures. Speed helps to boost an enterprise’s productivity, profitability, and market share. To keep innovation and speed in an upward trajectory, DevOps teams use the latest tools and processes to scale. But many of these tools lack information security best practices to the dismay of security and compliance teams. Elizabeth Lawler demonstrates how to bring DevOps, security, and compliance teams together, bridging this gap and forging a secure infrastructure for your company.
- Unity—making sure everyone is on the same page and creating meaningful metrics to measure so you can be sure you are hitting all of your compliance and security needs
- Measurement—measuring things like the percentage of servers with automated credentials management, the number of users with privileged access, and the time it takes to create and secure a production environment
- Identity—ensuring everything in your environment has an identity
- Authorization—role-based access control means the right people will always be accessing the right information
- Auditing—making sure you have a full audit log for compliance purposes
- Measurement (again)—ensuring you are measuring all of these efforts